Updated – April 6, 2018
You’ve gotten you’re new Cayan Genius terminal and are ready to finally accept EMV payments, Apple Pay, Android Pay, or other moible payments. Though setup isn’t the hardest thing you’ll do in retail, there can be some confusing steps and we’d love to help relieve some of the problems. If you have problems, you can feel free to reach out to us or contact Lightspeed support.
To make this as painless as possible, allow me to give you the process and save you some time going back and forth with support calls. Please note, the below steps are for Lightspeed Retail (cloud), please refer to Lightspeed’s setup instructions at Lightspeed’s support documentation for Onsite Instructions.
- Connect your Genius terminal to power and to your network via Ethernet cable.
- On the terminal, press 000. When prompted, the password is 9416557.
- Confirm that the IP Address field is populated. Write down the IP address, you’ll use it later.
- If using an desktop computer, open the browser you normally use (I recommend Firefox), go to THIS SITE to download the security certificate. In Firefox, you’ll select the checkboxes and Accept. If you skip this step, the following steps will not work. iPads can skip this step.
- Log into Lightspeed Retail. Go to Settings > Shop Settings > Credit Card Terminals > Type in Cayan Genius as the name and type in the IP address you wrote down earlier.
- If it says “connected”, you are good to go. After selecting Debit/Credit, you can select the Genius terminal as the way to process payment.
If you have any questions about setting up or using your Genius terminal or how to use Lightspeed Retail more efficiently, please email us at support @ streamlineretail.com or call us at 832-342-9101.
Please note: If you are unable to process debit transactions, you’ll need to contact Cayan to ensure your account is configured to accept debit cards.