Streamline Retail is looking for a full-time Front-end Developer to join our growing team starting immediately. We are a small, remote team that values a positive, tight-knit culture.
You’ll play a key role in our eCommerce team, working closely with independent retailers who are wanting to see the same success they’ve had in their stores for their online store. On any given project, you will be working in conjunction with our eCommerce director and our design specialists to build and enhance a client’s website. This will also involve communicating directly with clients and with our project managers to launch their new site.
Your job will be fun, challenging, and (we like to think) interesting.
You will be responsible for
- Learning and growing in your ability to develop on the Shopify platform
- Growing your understanding of retail-specific challenges when it comes to eCommerce, including strategies behind their navigation/product filters and in incorporating apps to achieve features for their store
Requirements for application
- Experience developing in Shopify (or a similar eCommerce platform such as Magento, BigCommerce, Lightspeed eCom, etc)
- Are able to write high quality, well documented, and maintainable code
- Are capable of efficient work and self-managing your workload of multiple projects at a time
- The ability to write and communicate well (not just with code – you will interact with clients quite a bit)
You may be a great fit for this role if you
- Are driven to not only thrive as a part of a team but also to learn, grow and develop your own abilities
- Can take a visual design concept and build it out down to the smallest details
- Have basic understanding of web design to the point of being able to assist in the design process – in many instances creating initial mockups to translate a brand’s “in-store experience” into an online one
- Can understand a big picture design strategy and translate that into the functionality you are developing
- Have an appreciation for good, modern, web design
- Are teachable and willing to learn from both successes and failures
- Are excited by working with small businesses and being a part of their growth
- Have a sense of humor and a strong GIF game
What types of projects you would be working on
Every project is unique, and you’d be working on those that your skills and experience would be best suited for. Here are some examples of projects we’ve worked on recently so you can get an idea of what we do.
- Development of a new Shopify store, which involves customizing a Shopify theme and building out new features to help increase the client’s conversion rate
- Evaluate a current eCommerce site for areas of impactful improvement, from customer experience, mobile UI, risk mitigation, and branding
- Consult with a client on how to leverage best practices on their website to improve the customer experience
- A remote, creative environment to flex your abilities, while also improving your skill set
- An incredible team of designers, developers, problem solvers, marketers, and project managers to support your work
- PTO, salary bonuses, and 401K matching
- Healthcare Reimbursements
If this sounds like a great fit, please apply as soon as possible. Your cover letter should explain:
- Why you think you’d be a good fit?
- What would you bring to the table that other candidates won’t?
Examples of your professional work are the best thing you can provide us. If you worked on a project with a team or as a freelancer, please tell us which parts you took the lead on.