Streamline Retail is looking for a full-time Frontend Developer to join our growing team starting immediately. We’re a tight-knit, diverse company of 6 people based out of our offices in Houston, TX.
You’ll play a key role in our eCommerce team, working closely with independent retailers who are wanting to see the same success they’ve had in their stores for their online store. On any given project, you will be working in conjunction with our eCommerce director and our design/graphics specialist to build and enhance a client’s website. This will also involve communicating directly with clients and with our project managers to understand their requirements and present your work.
Your job will be fun, challenging, and interesting.
You will be responsible for
- Learn new eCommerce platforms on the job, specifically Shopify, Lightspeed eCom, and BigCommerce. We do not specialize in any one platform or framework, so we require our developers to be resourceful when it comes to learning new systems.
You may be a great fit for this role if you
- Experience developing in modern shopping cart and eCommerce platforms such as Shopify, BigCommerce, Lightspeed eCom, and Magento
- Are able to write high quality, well documented, and maintainable code
- Are capable of efficient work and self-managing your workload of multiple projects at a time
- Can take a visual design concept and build it out down to the smallest details
- Can understand a big picture design strategy and translate that into the functionality you are developing
- Are teachable and willing to learn from both successes and failures
- Are excited by working with small businesses and being a part of their growth
- Have a sense of humor, a strong GIF game, and understand our constant Parks and Rec + The Office references
What types of projects you would be working on
Every project is unique, and you’d be working on those that your skills and experience would be best suited for. Here are some examples of projects we’ve worked on recently so you can get an idea of what we do.
- Custom design and development of a new Shopify store, which involves “from scratch” design concepts and building out new features to help increase the client’s conversion rate
- Migrating thousands of products and their data from Magento into Shopify and integrating that with their in-store point of sale
- Evaluate a current eCommerce site for areas of impactful improvement, from customer experience, mobile UI, risk mitigation, and branding
- Consult with a client on how to leverage their branding, digital marketing, and sales funnels to ramp up online sales
- A creative environment to flex your abilities, while also improving your skill set
- An incredible team of designers, problem solvers, marketers, and project managers to support your work
- PTO, salary bonuses, and 401K matching
If this sounds like a great fit, please apply as soon as possible. Send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter should explain:
- Why you think you’d be a good fit?
- What would you bring to the table that other candidates won’t?
Examples of your professional work are the best thing you can provide us. If you worked on a project with a team or as a freelancer, please tell us which parts you took the lead on.