Streamline Retail is looking for a full-time Web Designer to join our growing team starting immediately. We are a small, remote team that values a positive, tight-knit culture.
You’ll play a key role in our eCommerce team, working closely with independent retailers who are wanting to see the same success they’ve had in their stores for their online store. On any given project, you will be working in conjunction with our eCommerce director and our design/development team to design a client’s website and help them identify key strengths of their brand. This will also involve communicating directly with clients and with our project managers to understand their requirements and present your work.
Your job will be fun, challenging, and (we sure like to think) interesting.
You will be responsible for
- Designing e-commerce sites using a variety of software, including Sketch, Canva, and on occasion Photoshop
- Working with retailers understand how they serve their customers and translating that to an online experience using creative imagery and design
- Working with clients directly to understand their feedback while helping them focus on what’s most important to boost their e-commerce sales and conversion
You may be a great fit for this role if you
- Are driven to not only thrive as a part of a team but also to learn, grow and develop your own abilities
- Have professional experience designing for websites, in particular for eCommerce websites
- Are very detail oriented and have an understanding of tactics that contribute to a professional design
- Are capable of efficient work and self-managing your workload of multiple projects at a time
- Can understand a big picture design strategy and translate that into the designs you are creating
- Are teachable and willing to learn from both successes and failures
- Are excited by working with small businesses and being a part of their growth
- Have better taste in music than our eCommerce director, Michael (which is not very difficult, honestly)
What types of projects you would be working on
Every project is unique, and you’d be working on those that your skills and experience would be best suited for. Here are some examples of projects we’ve worked on recently so you can get an idea of what we do.
- Welcoming clients in a kickoff call and talking with them through what makes their brand/store unique
- Creating a “brand guide” that identifies a color palette and font set for us to use in the new designs. Practically, this helps us make sure we get the “vibe” and personality of each client
- Designing mockups for a retailer’s online store, which involves using color palettes, typography and imagery to achieve the right look for their brand
- A creative environment to flex your abilities, while also improving your skill set
- An incredible team of designers, developers, problem solvers, marketers, and project managers to support your work
- Competitive pay, paid time off, salary bonuses, 401K matching, and healthcare reimbursement packages
If this sounds like a great fit, please complete the form below with as many details as you can provide. Examples of your professional work are the best thing you can provide us. If you worked on a project with a team or as a freelancer, please tell us which parts you took the lead on.