Since writing this article, Lightspeed’s app store has continued to grow, so we’ve published an updated post with our top recommendations for 2020.
In today’s world of open source and SaaS ecommerce platforms, apps are key to take your online store to the next level without blowing through your capital or taking on more debt.
Lightspeed eCom has a growing marketplace of solid extensions to help boost your conversions and customer experience from day 1.
Here is our list of the top apps that every retailer should be considering for their Lightspeed eCom store.
MyStockNotifier notifies customers when an item is back in stock. When they view a product that is out of stock, a visitor will be prompted to leave their email address so that they can receive an automatic email notification when inventory is added.
Some key features include:
- Unlimited amount of emails
- Fully customizable notifications and texts
- Automatically connects to MyAbandonedCart (another top app on our list)
- Easy to install
- Newsletter subscription (optional)
- Export options
MyStockNotifier is a must-have automation tool to build customer loyalty and increase conversions for your store.
The Mobile Converter app is an amazing, free tool to optimize conversion rate on mobile devices and boost sales from those visitors. It does this by:
- Adding a fixed bar with Add-to-cart button on the top/bottom of mobile screen while customers move up/down the screen.
- Showing a full-screen gallery view of product images so that customers can have the most detailed visual look of your products on mobile.
Mobile Converter is completely free for all Lightspeed eCommerce merchants and includes unlimited access to all current and future features.
Lightspeed Order Alert is an app that compiles a real-time stream of your daily orders, giving you an easy way to monitor everything that is happening in your store.
It syncs with their iOS and Android apps to provide updates even when you’re on the go.
No more manual check ins to make sure you didn’t miss an order or refund!
Here are the key features of the app:
- Stream of your daily orders to give you a clear overview
- Order details: number, status, channel, grand total
- Customer details: new / returning, name, country, phone number, email address
- Payment and shipping method
- Billing and shipping address
This app is also key for handling refunds, as it notifies you of any returned orders, so that you can quickly address them, improving the customer experience.
Personalization is only going to become more and more important in eommerce. The Personalized Recommendations app is a great way to start building that into your experience.
This app displays product recommendations to each customer based on an algorithm of their purchasing behaviors and interest.
It also has the option to automatically upsell relevant products with popups when customers add a recommended item to their cart.
Personalized Recommendations has four widgets that you can utilize:
“Customers who bought this also bought…”
Recently viewed & featured recommendations
Recommendations based on cart
You can flexibly set up which widgets to show in each of four pages: home page, category page, product page and cart page. This is a very powerful app that is priced based on the value it brings your store. It is definitely worth a 1-month trial for your store.
MailChimp is an industry leader in email marketing because of their simple campaign builders, powerful automation, and low cost to merchants.
If you’re already using MailChimp for your email marketing or are looking for a solution, the MailChimp Lightspeed app is a must-have.
Here’s what it will do for you:
- Push customer & order data from your Lightspeed store to MailChimp.
- Connect Lightspeed directly to your MailChimp account, allowing you to easily send newsletters and marketing emails to your Lightspeed customers.
You can use the data that comes from Lightspeed to create segments and design your email campaigns to be more targeted and personalized. Translation: more sales!
An abandoned cart sequence is one of the first things we look for when working to improve conversions for one of our partner merchants. It is an essential tool for every single merchant, because online shoppers abandon carts anywhere from 60-80% of the time.
Maybe they don’t have their credit card in front of them or they want to make a decision at a later time.
Whatever the reason, you must have a way to follow up with those customers.
MyAbandonedCart makes it easy to create a sequence of follow-up emails that will bring some of those customers back to checkout.
With Facebook having the world’s largest user base, the Quick Facebook Chat app connects you with customers in a way they are already very familiar and comfortable with.
Some of the best features of this app:
View their Facebook profiles to understand your customers and sell them the right products
- Save all conversation history in Facebook inbox and come back anytime to catch up with them in a more personal way
Simple to install (~2 minutes)
- Quickly chat with customers with your mobile devices, no more sitting online with your laptop, no more dealing with emails
Adding your Instagram feed to your website is a great way to add to the social experience. It showcases the great content you’re putting out and makes it easier for customers to connect with you through Instagram.
InstaShow is a very user friendly, customizable way to share any photo from your public Instagram account or by any hashtag on your Lightspeed eCommerce website.
Key features of the app:
- Unlimited combinations of Instagram sources
- Source filters for post-moderation
- Responsive design
- Full control of sizes
- Flexible UI Customization
- Code Generator for Quick Installation
- Responsive Breakpoints
- Retina ready
Building your email list is key to long-term growth in ecommerce. Justuno has one of the best apps in the Lightspeed marketplace to help you do just that.
It provides a simple framework for creating pop up promotions to drive email signups, social growth, and sales! Offer discounts, free shipping, and messaging that will drive your visitors to join your list or complete their purchase.
- Drag and drop designer
- Pre-built pop ups and promotions for quick implementation
- 100% Mobile Friendly
- No coding or development skills needed
- Cart Abandonment Recovery
- Exit intent offers
This app is heavily conversion focused and should be a tool that any Lightspeed eCom merchant is using.
Whether you are just launching your Lightspeed eCom store or have been grinding away for a while, these apps are guaranteed to help take your marketing and customer experience to the next level.